- About Us
- About Us - Home
- Power of Personal
- Academic Departments
- Offices & Centers
- Deans & Leadership Team
- Honors and Awards
- Rankings and Recognitions
- About William S. Spears
- Map and Directions
- Our New Building
- POP Alert
- Core Curriculum
- Spears School A-Z
- Pete's Pet Posse
- Degree Programs
- Watson Graduate School
- Online Learning
- Breakout Room Reservation
- I Am Building Project
- Building Floor Plans
- Wall Street Journal Access
- New Building
- Apply Now!
Department of Finance
TULSA, OK 74106
- Ph D, Texas Tech University, Finance, 1992
- Other, Texas Tech University, Finance, 1988
- BA, University of Kansas, Economics, 1982
- BS, University of Kansas, Business Administration, 1982
- William Dare, Marcus T. Allen, and Lingxiao Li. "MLS Information Sharing Intensity and Housing Market Outcomes". Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics (Forthcoming).
- J C Fairbanks, P R Goeble, Michael Morris, and William Dare. (2013). "A Monte Carlo Exploration of the Vertical Property Tax Inequity Models: Searching for a 'Best' Model". Journal of Real Estate Literature. (21), 1, 3-24.
- William Dare, Paul Goebel, and Carl Isett. (2013). "Addressing Appraisal Drift in Property Taxation: Alternatives to Traditional Taxation Methods". Journal of Property Tax Assessment & Administration. (10), 1, 21.
- William Dare and Steve Dennis. (2011). "A Test for Bias of Inherent Characteristics in Betting Markets". Journal of Sports Economics.
- William Dare, Marcus T. Allen, and Carl Riegal. (2010). "Vertical Inequity in the Tax Assessment of Lodging Properties". International Journal of Hospitality Management. (29), 363-367.
- William Dare and Rick Borghesi. (2009). "Test of the Widespread-Point-Shaving Theory". Finance Research Letters. (6), 3, 151-121.
- William Dare and T. Allen. (2009). "Changes in Property Tax Progressivity for Florida Homeowners after the “Save Our Homes" Amendment". Journal of Real Estate Research (Forthcoming). (31), 1,
- William Dare and Marcus T. Allen. (2007). "Meauring Property Tax Inequity in Hospitality Markets". Journal of Real Estate Practice and Education. (10), 2,
- E. Brayla, R. Borghesi, William Dare, and S. Dennis. (2007). "A Simple Technical Trading Rule for the NBA". .
- William Dare and M.T. Allen. (2006). "Charm Pricing as a Signal of Listing Price Precision". Journal of Housing Research.
- William Dare, J. Gandar, R. Zuber, and R. Pavlik. (2005). "In Search of the Source of Informed Trader Information in the College Football Betting Market". Applied Financial Economics. (15), 1, 143-152.
- William Dare and M.T. Allen. (2004). "The Effects of Charm Listing Prices on House Transaction Prices". Real Estate Economics. (32), 4, 695-713.
- William Dare and S. Holland. (2004). "Efficiency in the NFL Betting Market: Modifying and Consolidating Research Methods". Applied Economics. (36), 1, 9-15.
- M.T. Allen and William Dare. (2002). "Identifying Determinants of Implied Property Tax Inequity: Evidence from Florida". Journal of Real Estate Research. (24), 2, 152-164.
- J. Gandar, R. Zuber, S. Johnson, and William Dare. (2002). "Reexamining the Betting Market on Major League Baseball Games: Is There a Reverse Favourite-Longshot Bias". Applied Economics. (34), 10, 1309-1317.
- R. Pavlik and William Dare. (2002). "Issuer-Oriented Underpricing, Share Liquidity, and Share Value". International Journal of Business. (7), 1,
- David Carter, William Dare, and w. Elliott. (2002). "Determination of Mean-Variance Efficient Portfolios Using an Electronic Spreadsheet". Journal of Financial Education. (28), 63-78.
Awards and Honors
- Best Paper Award (2011)
- Best Paper Award (2006)
Academic, Military, and Professional Positions
- Finance Department, Oklahoma State University, Associate Professor, 2000
- Southwest Texas State University, Associate Professor, 1999
- Southwest Texas State University, Assistant Professor, 1996 - 1999
- Florida Atlantic University, Assistant Professor, 1991 - 1996
- Texas Tech University, Teaching/Research Assistant, 1987 - 1991
- AC and S Corporation, Estimator/Sales, 1983 - 1986