- About Us
- About Us - Home
- Power of Personal
- Academic Departments
- Offices & Centers
- Deans & Leadership Team
- Honors and Awards
- Rankings and Recognitions
- About William S. Spears
- Map and Directions
- Our New Building
- POP Alert
- Core Curriculum
- Spears School A-Z
- Pete's Pet Posse
- Degree Programs
- Watson Graduate School
- Online Learning
- Breakout Room Reservation
- I Am Building Project
- Building Floor Plans
- Wall Street Journal Access
- New Building
- Apply Now!
Department of Economics
STILLWATER, OK 74078-4011
- Ph D, Purdue University, Economics, 1986
- MS, Purdue University, Economics, 1983
- BA, University of Texas, Economics, 1982
- James R Fain. (2017). "City Formation with Complex Landscapes". Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance, and Management. (24), 4, 125-137. 1099-1174.
- B. Wade Brorsen, James R. Fain, and Joshua G. Maples. (2017). "Alternative Policy Responses to Increased Use of Formula Pricing". Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization. 1542-0485.
- James R. Fain. (2016). "Can Minorities Escape Wage Discrimination by Forming Firms?". Computational Economics. (50), 3, 425-445. 0927-7099.
- Jim Fain. (2016). "Screening Discrimination in a Broader Context". Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance, and Management. (23), 4, 276-294. 1099-1174.
- Wade Brorsen, Chris Boyer, and Jim Fain. (2015). "Private-Value Auction versus Posted-Price Selling: An Agent-Based Model Approach ". Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance, and Management. (22), 4, 249-262.
- Jim Fain and Timothy O. Bisping. (2012). "The Role of Labor Force Transition Probabilities in Determining Gender-Specific Employment Responses to Monetary Policy Shocks". Journal of Academy of Business and Economics. (12), 2, 1542-8710.
- James R. Fain. (2011). "Breaking the Glass Ceiling: Slow Progress Ahead". Contemporary Economic Policy. (29), 1, 56-66. 1465-7287.
- Jim Fain. (2009). "Affirmative Action Can Increase Effort". Journal of Labor Research. (30), 2, 168-75.
- Jim Fain and Timothy O. Bisping. (2008). "Monetary Policy and Labor Market Transitions". Eastern Economic Journal. (34), 2, 238-251.
- Jim Fain and T.O. Bisping. (2005). "The Current State of the Labor Queue: National and Regional Evidence". Journal of Labor Research. (26), 2,
- Jim Fain and T.O. Bisping. (2004). "Gender, Race, Region and Disparities in the Impact of Monetary Policy on Unemployment". Southern Business and Economic Journal. (27), 3 & 4,
- Jim Fain and Mary Gade. (1995). "The Relative Ability to Tax Coal in the Western States". Southern Economic Journal. 236-246.
- Jim Fain and Mary Gade. (1992). "Optimal Extractive Taxes Under Demand Uncertainty". Public Finance Quarterly. 243-255.
Awards and Honors
- Kenneth and Leitner Greiner Undergraduate Teaching Award (1997)
- Merrick Foundation Teaching Award (1995)
Academic, Military, and Professional Positions
- Oklahoma State University, Professor, July 1999
- Oklahoma State University, Department Head, August 2008 - June 2014
- Oklahoma State University, Graduate Coordinator, August 2004 - August 2008
- Oklahoma State University, Associate Professor, July 1991 - June 1999
- Oklahoma State University, Assistant Professor, August 1986 - June 1991