AOE Science Assessment selection tool
Matching the best people to your jobs
Simplify the interviewing process and selection of candidates with the Applied Organizational Effectiveness assessment tool. The AOE assessment tool helps you narrow the choice of candidates for the position and match the right person for the job.
What to expect:
Selection assessments are standardized tests used to help select job applicants to find the best fit for open positions. You identify the ideal candidate for the job and then use data to help select applicants that fit that ideal profile.
Who we can assist:
- Human resource directors and officers, and leadership talent professionals
- C-suite officials
- Teams of leaders
- Employees of your organization
Hiring the right person can increase your success at work by having the organization run more smoothly with people matching the job. You will…
- Increase productivity
- Reduce turnover
- Increase employee morale
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Arrive at better safety outcomes
How does it work?
The assessment tool has been developed by those working with the science of selection for a combined 30 years.
- Assessments meet all validation criteria: reliable, valid, legally defensible
- Easy-to-use dashboard
- Minimize hiring time
- Extensive user training
- Support from Ph.D. faculty with a Ph.D. in Industrial/Organization psychology
- Personal service and responsiveness
AOE Select has three online assessments:
- Personality - 15 minutes
- Reasoning ability - 10 minutes
- Risks - 5 minutes
All assessments are taken online by job candidates and automatically scored. Candidates usually take only two or three of the assessments, depending on which ones are relevant for a specific job.
- An organizational representative will log on to the AOE website and input the names and emails of the job candidates and send an email with instructions and a link to the assessment questions to the candidates.
- A feedback report will be received via email by the organization when the candidates have completed each assessment.
- The feedback report will provide the assessment scores, how to interpret those scores, and a “fit” recommendation.
We have validation data for 19 job families:
- food service
- public servants
And more! Data is derived from similar jobs in other organizations so it will match the candidate profile with the ideal profile for the job.
Developed by: Dr. Bryan Edwards
Dr. Bryan Edwards is the Joe Synar Chair and associate professor of management in the Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University, specializing in human resources management and organizational behavior. He is an expert in selection, training, performance management, leadership, organizational development and team effectiveness. Edwards earned his Ph.D. in I/O Psychology from Texas A&M University. He sits on the editorial boards of Personnel Psychology, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Management and Journal of Business and Psychology. His research has been funded by the National Science Foundation, Department of Defense, Material Handling Industry of America and other agencies. He has presented many on-site and public programs to energy companies, state organizations, financial service firms, manufacturers and others.