- Spears Home
- About CEPD
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Speaker Series
- Selection Tool
9th Alliance for Sport Business Meeting & Conference
Call for Abstracts
This serves as the official Call for Abstracts for the 9th Annual Conference for the Alliance for Sport Business. This year’s conference is hosted by the Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University. This event will take place in Tempe, AZ, February 28-March 2, 2019.
Panel and paper proposals will be accepted through February 1, 2019.
Please submit abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org in word format.
Submission themes should be relevant to Sport Business academic programs housed in accredited Business Schools.
Suggested Research Topics:
- Strategies for sport business programs transitioning into accredited business schools
- Developing and engaging external stakeholders and advisory boards into sport business programs
- Assurance of learning models related to sport business
- Recruiting and development of terminally qualified sport business faculty
- Promotion and tenure process of sport business faculty in schools of business
- Developing and integrating sport analytics with sport business programs
- Challenges and issues of experiential learning and internships in sport business programs
- Best innovative practices of sport business programs in schools of business (teaching, curricular,
- experiential and professional practice learning)
- Business ethics and contemporary issues in the sport industry
- The place of sport business within business disciplines
With more than 300 Business Schools worldwide featuring sport business programs, the Alliance for Sport Business has been growing and continues to assist colleagues and the field of sport business education in this new era.
Agenda coming soon!
Registration fee includes instruction, materials, refreshments, goody bags, and selected meals.
- Early bird- Member $150, non-member $175
- After Jan 31- Member $175, non-member $200
- Student - $75
Hotel room reservations may be placed at the Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, by calling 800-547-8705 or 480-894-1400 and use 2019 Alliance for Sport Business Conference for the code for the dates of February 28, March 1-2, 2019, at a rate of $229 per night (plus a $19.95 Hospitality Fee per room). Or you may go to this link to make your reservation.
The last day to book rooms at the group rate is Tuesday, January 13, 2019.
Tempe Mission Palms Hotel & Conference Center
60 E. 5th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281
What airport should I use?
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
3400 E Sky Harbor Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85034
What is the conference hotel?
Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
60 E. 5th St
Tempe, AZ 85281
To make hotel reservations on-line, click here.
800-547-8705 or 480-894-1400 (ask for the “2019 Alliance for Sport Business” rate).
(You should make room reservations by January 13, 2019, if possible. Rooms will be released on January 14.)
When will the hotel rooms be ready on Thursday?
The rooms should be ready by 4 p.m.
What time should I book my flight back home on Saturday?
Please make your return flight arrangements for 3 p.m. or later on Saturday, March 3, 2019.
Who can I contact in reference to this conference with questions/comments?