- Spears Home
- About CEPD
- Open Enrollment Programs
- Program Info
- Speaker Series
- Sponsorship Information
Business Engagement Series for Thought Leaders – Tulsa
March – June 2016
This series focuses on engaged and thought provoking topics to advance leaders in decision making, company performance, efficiency and effective management.
View Mr.Tower speaks about his program: Project Management and Process Improvement Program
Benefits to the participant
Participants will learn
- how to align interests with the goals of the company,
- use data to aid decision making and improve company performance,
- Increase productivity and
- manage effectively in various environments
Benefits to the organization
Participants will discuss how to improve
- performance of employees who treat the business as their own
- company knowledge by using data to make better decisions
- organizational effectiveness with more efficient processes and project management; and
- Improved employee engagement and performance in virtual settings
Marc Tower, is an Adjunct Instructor for the Management Department in the Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University. He graduated from OSU with an M.S. in Electronic Engineering Technology and an MBA from the Spears School of Business.
From being a scout pilot for the US Army to spending the last nine years helping companies operate more effectively, Marc has always worked toward operating efficiently and effectively. Having worked in the military, engineering, commercial software, construction and financial services, he has a broad experience background that helps show others how to apply Business Process Improvement principles to any situation.
For the last nine years he has been a consultant. He has been president of First Accent Consulting for the last two years and has managed firms ranging in size from very small to more than 10,000 employees.
Goutam Chakraborty, Ph.D. is the Ralph A. and Peggy A. Brenneman Professor in the Department of Marketing in the Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University. He has consulted extensively on issues related to developing digital business strategy, building and managing customer relationships, product development, and management and creation of e-business models.
Raj Basu, Ph.D., is the Vice-President for Academic Affairs for Oklahoma State University-Tulsa. As the Chief Academic Officer of the university, he has overall responsibility for operations, development, and promotion of all academic programs. Dr. Basu researches and teaches in the areas of leadership, employee performance, team building, and change management. He also speaks nationally and internationally to firms in the aerospace, energy, financial services, technology, manufacturing, government, and non-profit sectors.
Toby Joplin, CPA, Ph.D. is the Director of Executive Doctoral programs and Clinical Assistant Professor in the Spears School of Business. He is the former Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at R L Hudson & Company in Broken Arrow, OK. Toby is the founder of the TaxAlmanac website which was named one of the Top 50 Uses of the Web in 2005 by Bloomberg Business Week magazine and has been recognized by many other publications including Time, Forbes, Harvard Business Review, and others. Toby has helped many organizations with their strategic planning, which includes R.L. Hudson & Company, Tax and Accounting Software Corporation, Union State Bank, and Dream Big, LLC. Oklahoma State University named Toby one of 50 distinguished MBA alumni of the last 50 years. He speaks frequently to professional and student groups and consults with organizations on a variety of management topics. His research interests include the effect of excessive entitlement attitudes on organizations, the morality of capitalism, and using capitalism to reduce poverty.
This series is designed for supervisors, mid to upper-level managers, executives and owners
- Program format – series of four sessions, each lasting one day, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- CPE credits/CEU credits available
- Location – OSU-Tulsa, North Hall, Room 140, 700 North Greenwood Avenue, Tulsa, OK 74106
- Price – $1,500 per person for the entire series or $450 per person per session
- Cancellation Policy – If a participant would like to cancel her/his registration less than 10 days prior to the conference, you are welcome to send a substitute. All guarantees have been submitted to the hotel, so refunds are not attainable. A refund is available given notification no later than 11 days prior to the conference. If you are transferring your registration to a colleague, please contact the OSU Center for Executive and Professional Development at 1-866-678-3933 or firstname.lastname@example.org.