- Spears Home
- International Students
Summer in South Korea
Experience South Korea with Dr. Matt Bowler! The adventure begins in Seoul, a modern, yet ancient city that is home to tech giants, automotive and financial leaders and over 30 MILLION people. Seoul is unique in that it was destroyed 75 years ago during the Korean War and rebuilt into a thriving modern city. It is tucked into gorgeous mountainous terrain that gives it a unique contrast. In Seoul, you will experience visits to businesses like Samsung, Hyundai, and the Seoul Tower. Cultural encounters include ancient palaces, world class food, entertaining night-life, and the Blue House, home to South Korea’s president.
Students will participate in a “food tour” of Seoul and experience the festival atmosphere of the Myeongdong district near the Seoul Tower, where they will take in an English language comedy show. We will also visit the region’s supersized open-air markets, each focused on various products such as foods, toys, garments, and even a market only open at night. One day we will visit the demilitarized zone between South and North Korea, a very popular tourism spot. After our time in Seoul, we will take a bullet train to Busan, along Korea’s southern coast, to experience one of the world’s most exciting and beautiful beach locations. Potential activities in Busan include interactive taekwondo training, the Korean spas, beaches, temples and palaces.
BADM 4050, 5200, 4093 (I), or 5093
Doing Business in South Korea
Doing Business in South Korea
May 23 - June 2, 2019
Matt Bowler, Department of Management
$2,350 + Airfare
- Tuition - 3 credit hours
- Health and travel insurance
- In country transportation
- A few group meals
- Pre and post trip meals
- Entry fees to all required group tours and business visits
- Passport - must be valid for 6 months after your return to the US
- Visa if required
- Additional Meals
- Personal Expenses
- Estimated roundtrip airfare from/to Oklahoma is $1,400
- It is your responsibility to purchase your own ticket
- CAGLE could assist in organizing your air travel
- All accepted students will receive the faculty and/or staff's flight information as soon as the faculty's flight is booked
- It is suggested that you do not book your flight until you receive this information so you are able to arrive with or around the same time as the faculty and staff for transportation reasons
Earlier arrival or later departure:
- If you choose to arrive before the program start date or leave after the program end date you will be on your own for transportation to and from the airport as well as for additional accommodation arrangements and costs
Program fee will be charged to your bursar account as shown in the Payment Schedule below.
|-----||$200||To be charged upon application acceptance (non-refundable)|
|March 8, 2019||$1,103.75||Program Fee|
|May 9, 2019||$1,046.25||Tuition Fee|
ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
*A $200 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit will be charged to your bursar once application has been submitted. This amount is included in the total price of the trip, however, if you choose to not attend the trip for any reason the $200 deposit WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
*NOTE: If the program fee charge date above has passed when applying and submitting the application, all charges (deposit, fees and tuition) will be applied to your bursar and will be NON-REFUNDABLE.
*If you withdraw through the CAGLE (101 Business Building or email@example.com) after the program fee and program tuition charge date(s), listed above, has passed this WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
Please check with your academic advisor before applying to any of our study abroad courses.
Applications will be reviewed and decision will be made within 5 to 7 business days.
Drop by our office at 101 Business Building.
March 8, 2019 5 pm
Must contact CAGLE office by 5 pm
Center for Advanced Global Leadership and Engagement (CAGLE)
101 Business Building