- Spears Home
- Global Diversity Resources
Winter in Mexico
The Winter in Mexico Program provides an exciting introduction to the culture, history, business climate, and beauty of central Mexico. The course will begin with a couple of on campus meetings in November/December, readings and video lectures. The group will meet in Mexico City for three days of historical and cultural immersion including visits to the TEOTIHUACÁN PYRAMIDS, CASTLE OF CHAPULTEPEC, XOCHIMILCO, METROPOLITAN CATHEDRAL, NATIONAL PALACE, the U.S. EMBASSY, etc. The group then will travel to Puebla, one of Mexico’s oldest Spanish cities. Over the next five days, there will be visits to the AUDI AUTOMOBILE FACTORY, BIMBO BAKERY, AND LOCAL BUSINESSES. Additionally, a campus tour and guest lectures will be provided at UPAEP University. Cultural highlights in Puebla will include the ZOCALO and PUEBLA DOWNTOWN, the PYRAMID OF CHOLULA, and a MIGRANT VILLAGE. Students will also experience real Mexican food, festivals, and markets.
BADM 4050, 5200, 4093 (I), or 5093
Doing Business in Mexico
January 2-10, 2019
November 14, 2018 (5-7 p.m.)
November 29, 2018 (5-7 p.m.)
December 7, 2018 (5-8 p.m.)
All meetings in 310 Business Building.
Department of Management
$1,650 + AIRFARE
- Tuition-3 credit hours
- Health and travel insurance
- Lodging-Shared with single beds
- In country transportation
- Airport Transfers-If arrival and departure falls within provided time frame
- All breakfasts & selected group meals
- Entry fees to all required group tours and business visits
- Passport- must be valid for 6 months after your return to the US
- Visa if required
- Additional Meals
- Personal Expenses
- Estimated roundtrip airfare from/to Oklahoma is $600
- It is your responsibility to purchase your own ticket
- CAGLE could assist in organizing your air travel
- All accepted students will receive the faculty and/or staff's flight information as soon as the faculty's flight is booked
- It is suggested that you do not book your flight until you receive this information so you are able to arrive with or around the same time as the faculty and staff for transportation reasons
- For this program you should fly into Mexico City (MEX) and out of either Puebla (PBC) or Mexico City (MEX)
Earlier arrival or later departure:
- If you choose to arrive before the program start date or leave after the program end date you will be on your own for transportation to and from the airport as well as for additional accommodation arrangements and costs
Program fee will be charged to your bursar account as shown in the Payment Schedule below.
|-----||$200||Deposit charged upon application acceptance|
|October 20, 2018||$321.70||Program Fee|
|January 14, 2019||$1,128.30||Tuition Fee|
ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
*A $200 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit will be charged to your bursar once application has been submitted. This amount is included in the total price of the trip, however, if you choose to not attend the trip for any reason the $200 deposit WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
*NOTE: If the program fee charge date above has passed when applying and submitting the application, all charges (deposit, fees and tuition) will be applied to your bursar and will be NON-REFUNDABLE.
*If you withdraw through the CAGLE (101 Business Building or firstname.lastname@example.org) after the program fee and program tuition charge date(s), listed above, has passed this WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
Please check with your academic advisor before applying to any of our study abroad courses.
Applications will be reviewed and decision will be made within 5 to 7 business days.
Drop by our office at 101 Business Building.
October 20, 2018 5 pm
Must contact CAGLE office by 5 pm
Center for Advanced Global Leadership and Engagement (CAGLE)
101 Business Building
“Going to Mexico was an experience I will never forget! From eating incredible food, to climbing ancient pyramids, I felt safe the entire trip and had a blast!”
-Andrew Pinter, 2016 Summer in Mexico City and Puebla