- Spears Home
- About Us
- Degree Programs
- Certification Corner
- Faculty Research
Beta Alpha Psi
Chi Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi
National Academic and Professional Accounting Organization
If you are interested in being a candidate for Beta Alpha Psi membership, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility for Membership
- Must be an accounting major,
- Currently enrolled in or previously passed Foundational Accounting Skills (ACCT 3003),
- Have a “B” average in all upper-division accounting courses (taken at OSU or other accredited institutions), and
- Have a 3.25 overall GPA (or a 3.5 in the last 30 hours at OSU).
- M.S. in Accounting students are automatically eligible for candidateship.
Requirements to become a Member
To complete your candidacy, you must attend or complete the following:
- Attend ALL semester events on the attached calendar
- Perform 12 hours of community service (Service Event, tutoring, proctoring, Head Start, Habitat for Humanity, or other approved events), and
- Pay $100 dues ($75 one-time National fee and $25 yearly chapter fee)
Requirements to stay a member (for semester after candidacy and each following semester)
- Attend ALL professional meetings during semester
- Attend at least one initiation during the year
- Complete at least 6 hours of service per semester of BAP approved service activities
- Attend at least one welcome back event per year
Incentives for Membership
- Scholarships awarded each year to outstanding candidates and members as evidenced by involvement in chapter professional and service activities.
- Free Beta Alpha Psi T-Shirt/Sweatshirt.
- Office visits to Accounting Firms in OKC and Tulsa during the spring semester.
- Graduation regalia.
- Networking opportunities with firm recruiters and key personnel prior to interviews.
Treasurer - Financial Reporting and Tax Filings
Treasurer - Dues and Accounts Payable