- Spears Home
- About Us
- Degree Programs
- Certification Corner
- Faculty Research
Beta Alpha Psi
Chi Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi
National Academic and Professional Accounting Organization
If you are interested in being a candidate for Beta Alpha Psi membership, our next round of applications will open in January of 2019.
Eligibility for Membership
- Must be an accounting major,
- Currently enrolled in or previously passed Intermediate Accounting I (ACCT 3103),
- Have a “B” average in all upper-division accounting courses (taken at OSU or other accredited institutions), and
- Have a 3.25 overall GPA (or a 3.5 in the last 30 hours at OSU).
- M.S. in Accounting students are automatically eligible for candidateship.
Requirements to become a Member
To complete your candidacy, you must attend or complete the following:
- Attend ALL semester events on the attached calendar
- Perform 12 hours of community service (Service Event, tutoring, proctoring, Head Start, Habitat for Humanity, or other approved events), and
- Pay $85 dues ($65 one-time National fee and $20 yearly chapter fee)
Requirements to stay a member (for semester after candidacy and each following semester)
- Attend ALL professional meetings during semester
- Attend at least one initiation during the year
- Complete at least 6 hours of service per semester of BAP approved service activities
- Attend at least one welcome back event per year
Incentives for Membership
- Scholarships awarded each year to outstanding candidates and members as evidenced by involvement in chapter professional and service activities.
- Free Beta Alpha Psi T-Shirt/Sweatshirt.
- Office visits to Accounting Firms in OKC and Tulsa during the spring semester.
- Graduation regalia.
- Networking opportunities with firm recruiters and key personnel prior to interviews.
After the application deadline has passed, we will contact you at the email you list with more information. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Sarah Sidener or our Chapter Advisor, Sarah Johnson.
Emory Van Vorhis
|8/20/18||N/A||First Day of School|
|9/7/18||N/A||Candidate Applications Due||Online|
|9/19/18||12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.||**School of Business Career Fair**||Gallagher-Iba Arena|
|9/20/18||6:30 p.m.||Professional Meeting - Career Paths in Accounting||SU 465||All ACCT majors|
|10/11/18||6:30 p.m.||Professional Meeting - Interpersonal Skills in the Workplace||BU Lobby||BAP candidates and members only|
|11/1/18||6:30 p.m.||Professional Meeting - Industry Accounting Night||SU 465||All ACCT majors|
|11/3/18||8:00 a.m.||Into the Streets||NRC Parking Lot||All BAP Members and Candidates|
|11/29/18||6:30 p.m.||Professional Meeting - Accounting Certifications||BU 001||All ACCT majors|
|12/14/18||N/A||Service Hours Due||Google Doc||BAP candidates and members only|
|1/14/19||N/A||First Day of School|
|1/31/19||6:30 p.m.||Welcome Back Event - Big Bash Trivia||TBD||All ACCT majors|
|2/8/19||N/A||**Candidate Applications Due**||Online|
|2/22/19||All Day||Firm Visit Field Trip (Tulsa)||TBD||BAP members, candidates, and summer leadership qualifiers|
|3/8/19||All Day||Firm Visit Field Trip (OKC)||TBD||BAP members, candidates, and summer leadership qualifiers|
|3/28/19||6:30 p.m.||Professional Meeting - Hosted by the OSCPA||TBD||All ACCT majors|
|4/11/19||6:30 p.m.||FBI Speaker||TBD||All ACCT majors|
|4/18/19||6:30 p.m.||SoA Hall of Fame Awards Banquet||Click Hall
|Scholarship awardees only|
|4/20/19||TBD||Service Project: Remember the Ten Run||TBD||BAP candidates and members only|
|5/10/19||N/A||Service Hours Due||BAP candidates and members only|