- Spears Home
- About Us
- About Us - Home
- Power of Personal
- Academic Departments
- Offices & Centers
- Deans & Leadership Team
- Honors and Awards
- Rankings and Recognitions
- About William S. Spears
- Map and Directions
- Our New Building
- POP Alert
- Core Curriculum
- Spears School A-Z
- Pete's Pet Posse
- Degree Programs
- Watson Graduate School
- Online Learning
- Breakout Room Reservation
- I Am Building Project
- Building Floor Plans
- Wall Street Journal Access
- New Building
How are we doing?
- Post-graduation data was gathered on 82.1% of the 1,225 students who graduated with a BSBA degree in 2017.
- 93% had employment, job offers, or other plans (such as graduate degrees) within 3 months of graduation.
- The average reported salary was $49,196.
- 15.7% of all students reporting were going on for advanced degrees.
- Post-graduation data was gathered on 89.9% of the 308 students who graduated with a master’s degree in 2017.
- The percent who had employment, job offers, or other plans within 3 months of graduation:
- MBA graduates – 98.4% employed
- M.S. in Accounting graduates – 100% employed
- M.S. in Business Analytics graduates - 100% employed
- M.S. in Entrepreneurship graduates – 92.3% employed
- M.S. in Management Info. Systems graduates – 75.6% employed
- M.S. in Quantitative Financial Economics graduates – 100% employed
- M.S. in Information Assurance graduates – 92.9% employed
- The average reported salary was $73,830.
- NOTE: The lowest placement rates tend to correspond to degree programs that have a high proportion of international students and the accompanying visa-related issues with respect to job placement.
- Post-graduation data was gathered on 100% of the 18 students who graduated with a Ph.D. in 2017.
- 100% had employment or job offers within 3 months of graduation (not including students who had other plans, or were not seeking jobs).
- For students who completed a PhD in Business Administration, the average salary was $126,678 and the median salary was $115,000.
- 83.5% of students who were classified as new freshman in the Spears School of Business in Fall 2016 were still at OSU in Fall 2017. The retention rate for new transfer students during the same time period was 81.2%.
- The most recent 6-year graduation rate for new freshmen in the Spears School of Business is 72.1%.
Certification Pass Rates
- According to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), the
2017 CPA exam pass rate for OSU graduates who sat for the CPA exam within a year of
graduation was 65.3%.
- The OSU pass rate exceeds the pass rate of AACSB-accredited business schools for all 10 categories for which data is provided. (The AACSB is the premier accreditor of business schools.)
- The OSU pass rate also exceeds the pass rate for the North Central State Schools (university accreditor) for all 10 categories for which data is provided.
- SAS certifications pass rates for 2017-18 are:
- Base SAS programming certification – 95.0%
- SAS Business Analyst certification – 100.0%
- Advanced SAS programming certification – 76.0%