- Spears Home
- About CEPD
- Open Enrollment Programs
- Program Info
- Speaker Series
- Sponsorship Information
Innovation Series for Business
August – October 2017 | Oklahoma City, OK
Successful businesses stay competitive and continue to prosper by recognizing the importance of innovation. By learning how to continuously seek opportunities to create value participants will help their organizations continue to thrive. This innovation series is designed for leaders at all levels in the organization.
Innovating to Stay Ahead of the Competition – The Importance of a Lean Startup Mindset (CLOSED)
In this increasingly competitive and dynamic marketplace, businesses must continuously innovate to stay ahead of the competition. This session focuses on teaching Lean Launch principles that GE and other large corporations have adopted to leap ahead of their competitors.
- Introduce a new product/service or improve internal processes successfully with innovative approaches
- Have an innovative focus on customer demand and satisfaction
- Think and behave like a startup company
August 23, 2017
9 am – 12 pm
Managing Innovation (CLOSED)
Durand Crosby, J.D., Ph.D.
Creativity and innovation are both important elements an organization needs to stay competitive. This session will help managers and leaders learn how to cultivate an innovative culture in their company.
- Establish a climate of creativity
- Help spark the implementation of new ideas
- Promote innovative change in your organization
September 28, 2017
9 am – 12 pm
Learning to Have an Innovative Mindset (CLOSED)
Tom Westbrook, Ph.D.
A major step in innovating is changing our thinking. We learn to see opportunities where others see problems and see challenges where others see the status quo. We all face real challenges in our work and we will collaborate with each other to overcome and use these challenges to create new possibilities with an innovative mindset.
- Recognize innovative opportunities
- Practice out-of-the-box innovative thinking
- Sharpen cognitive thinking and responses
October 10, 2017
1 pm - 4 pm
October 11, 2017
9 am – noon
Richard Gajan, Thoma Family Clinical Assistant Professor, School of Entrepreneurship, School of Business, Oklahoma State University
Durand Crosby, Adjunct Professor, Department of Management, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
Tom Westbrook, Visiting Professor, School of Entrepreneurship, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
- Program format – series of 3 sessions
- Location – OSU-OKC, 900 N Portland Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73107. Specific room locations will be noted upon registration.
- Price – $675 for 1 registration in all 3 sessions (10% discount). For 3 or more attendees from the same company registered for all 3 sessions, $635 per person (15% discount). Fee includes assessments, case studies, instruction, materials, and refreshments each day.